Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This Week's Song That's Stuck In My Head

"If you give up New York, I'll give you Tennessee...the only place to be..."

I have repeated that line in my head over and over and over this week. The song I cannot seem to get out of my head is The Face by Kings of Leon. I am totally in love with their music.

Forget about the fact that I stood next to two of them at a Romany Rye concert a few months back. Forget that they are good ole Nashville boys. Forget that they are smokin' hot. Forget about everything and just listen to their lyrics and you can't deny why the band has been hurled into super-stardom over the last few years.




But with fame comes trouble.  "Mo' money, mo' problems," I guess.  Recently, the band had to cancel their U.S. tour based on, lead singer, Caleb Followill's "health issues."

Based on tweets from brother and band mate, Jared, and a recently released documentary showing much turmoil between Caleb and the other band members, I think it is pretty safe to say that there is much more going on there.  Sadly, it seems to be the fate of many bands.

I just hope these boys pull through. For the sake of their fans...for the sake of music. We need bands like Kings of Leon. Plain and simple. I hope they can "ride out the wave."

Regardless of what might or might not be going on with these Tennessee boys, The Face is stuck in my head. Take a few listens and let's see how long it takes to get stuck in yours...

The Face by Kings of Leon

Beneath the dance hall lights
You see my girl so sound
Lights up the ground

If you give up New York
I'll give you Tennessee
The only place to be

The cowboys burning eyes
Don't like the sight of me
Just straight enough to breathe
I like your point of views
So don't you shy away
Ride out the wave
Ride out the wave
Ride out the wave

Ride out the wave
Ride out the wave

You had me holding on
All of the time in place
Ride out the wave
Bury yourself away
The one and only face

Ride out the wave
Ride out the wave
Ride out the wave

2 comments:

  1. I do not believe that you stood next to these guys.I need to see photo proof.

    ReplyDelete