Monday, April 18, 2011

Songs You Need to Add to Your iPod Shuffle, Like Now...

I wanted to take this time to post a bunch of my favorite bands and list my favorite songs by those bands. As I have said in numerous posts, the whole purpose of this blog is to share the music I love with others who are looking for music outside of the mainstream realm.

My taste is not everyone's taste, and I am well aware of that. My favorite music is the alternative folk rock sound.  Regardless, I think if you are interested in independent music, you should at least research the following songs and give them a listen. You never know what you may end up jamming to.  So look these up, like now.

1. Deer Tick (duh): Twenty Miles; Ashamed; Easy; Art Isn't Real (City of Sin); Smith Hill; Baltimore Blues    No. 1; Diamond Rings 2007; Houston, TX; Dirty Dishes; Little White Lies; Long Time; Nevada; Dance of Love; Lalala; oh screw it, any and all songs by them

2. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Beat the Devil's Tattoo; Weapon of Choice; Ain't No Easy Way; Feel it Now; Whatever Happened to My Rock & Roll; Red Eyes & Tears

3. Delta Spirit: Trashcan; Tomorrow Goes Away, Duncan

4. Bobby Long: Left to Lie; Who Have You Been Loving; Two Years Old; In the Frost; Being a Mockingbird; Bounty of Mary Jane

5. The Civil Wars: Poison & Wine; Barton Hollow; Oh Henry; My Father's Father

6. Fruit Bats: Ruminant Band; When You Love Somebody, Born in the 70's

7. Everest: House of 9's; Rebel & Roses; Let Go; Angry Storm; Trees

8. Middle Brother: Daydreaming; Middle Brother; Me, Me, Me; Thanks for Nothing

9. Arctic Monkeys: Crying Lightning; Fake Tales of San Fransisco; Cigarette Smoke

10. Iron & Wine: Each Coming Night; Flightless Bird, American Mouth; Morning; Tree By The River

11. The Romany Rye: Long Way Down; Black Hair; Love Song; Back to LA

12. Dawes: When My Time Comes; That Western Skyline; Love is All I Am; Bedside Manner

13. The Weeks: Mississippi Rain; Buttons; Hold it Kid

14. Mumford & Sons: After the Storm; Awake My Soul; The Cave; Little Lion Man; Winter Winds, Roll Away Your Stone, Timshel, Sigh No More

15. Marcus Foster: Kiss is a Knife; Broken; You, My Love; Make it Easy; Fourteen Times; Crooked Sky; Way, Way, Way

16. Band of Horses: General Specific; Cigarettes, Wedding Bands; No One's Gonna Love You; Infinite Arms

17. The Kills: Sour Cherry; Cheap & Cheerful

18. Mountain Man: Animal Tracks

19. A Fine Frenzy: What I Wouldn't Do; Hope for the Hopeless; Happier; Ashes & Wine

20. The Avett Brothers: I and Love and You; Ballad of Love & Hate; Die, Die, Die; I'll Fly Away

21. Dr. Dog: 100 Years; Shadow People

22. Those Darlins: Wild One; Snaggle Tooth Mama; Night Jogger; Whole Damn Thing, Red Light Love

23. Laura Marling: Blackberry Stone; New Romantic; Ghosts; You're No God; Travel Light

24. Jamestown Revival: Looking for The Right Thing; The Revival; Ain't it a Shame

25. Rilo Kiley: Silver Lining; Moneymaker; Acid Tongue (Jenny Lewis - solo)

26. Eels: Fresh Blood; Novocaine For the Soul

27. Johnny Flynn: Brown Trout Blues; Tickle Me Pink; Cold Bread; Travel Light

28. Cage The Elephant: In One Ear; Backstabbin' Betty; Ain't No Rest for the Wicked, Right Before My Eyes

29. Tilly & The Wall: Pot, Kettle, Black; Rainbows in the Dark

30. Joshua James: Crash This Train; Winter Storm; Crooked Arrow

31. Haley Boner: Queen of Everything; Green-Eyed Boy; Big Star

32. The Black Keys: When the Lights Go Out; Lies; I'll Be Your Man; Howlin' for You; Tighten Up

33. Neko Case: In California; Favorite; Wayfaring Stranger

34. The Decemberists: The Crane Wife 3; Down By the Water; January Hymn; June Hymn; The Chimbley Sweep; We Both Go Down Together; All Arise; Rox in the Box; The Mariner's Revenge Song; The Rake's Song; Oceanside; Calamity Song

35. Monsters of Folk: Man Named Truth; Right Place

36. Kings of Leon: Back Down South, The Face, Revelry, Use Somebody, Notion, Arizona, The Immortals, Crawl, Closer, Pyro

37. The Head & The Heart: Lost in My Mind, Cats and Dogs, Heaven Go Easy on Me

No comments:

Post a Comment