Friday, February 18, 2011

Jamestown Revival - An Introduction


My whole inspiration for creating this blog was to use this as an outlet to share with others the great music and movies I came across that you wouldn't see in the racks at Wal-Mart. I had no idea that such great stuff was out there and I am constantly blown away by what I literally stumble across by happy accident.

Today I opened the latest issue of Rolling Stone. From my previous post, you know that I have a very much love/hate relationship with them. This issue was the PERFECT example of that. On the cover is none other than the baby-faced "superstar" Justin Beiber. I think it is pretty safe to say that I don't have "Beiber Fever." Anyhoo, I seriously considered just tossing the issue because the thought of that scary man-girl face starring at me all week quite frankly scares the bejeezes out of me. However, against my better judgment, I began flipping through the pages. And what a wonderful surprise awaited me!


On page 33, I remembered why Rolling Stone holds a place in my heart. They are promoting a contest where the fans get to choose a cover of one of the August issues. Exciting, right? But it gets better (at least for people like me). The cover will be one of sixteen unsigned artists, and in addition to the cover, they will receive a recording contract with Atlantic Records. VERY cool stuff, kids. I mean, this couldn't be any more up my ally.

I was surprised to find that I was unfamiliar with all sixteen artists, so I quickly began my research with old faithfuls, ITUNES and Youtube. Some I liked, some I didn't, but two I loved! One of them was a duo of quite attractive young men (an no that's not why I loved them) called Jamestown Revival. I think if you follow the trend of what my favorite music style is, you will see that these guys fall right in. I really love that alternative folk rock vibe that my all-time fave band Deer Tick performs, and these guys certainly fall into that category.



They have an EP out on ITUNES that I highly recommend, and I have attached a video from Youtube for you to judge for yourself with. I am proud to say that I am the newest Jamestown Revival fan...I hope you will be too.











No comments:

Post a Comment